Secure Site Issues
Our shopping cart is provided by an external service at www.cart32hosting.com and may sometimes be unavailable even though the rest of our site is working. Usually the cart will be working if you try again in a few minutes. If not, you can call in your order during normal business hours.
In order to comply with the most recent standards for credit card data protection required by the credit card companies, our shopping cart provider — and other e-commerce sites — dropped support for older encrypted communication standards and now require a protocol called TLS 1.2 (or later). If you are using a recent version of your operating system and browser, this should not be an issue. However users of older operating systems or browsers may be unable to connect to the shopping cart at any time.
Enabling TLS 1.2 in Internet Explorer
Users of Internet Explorer 8 - 11 can enable TLS 1.2 by making a simple change in your browser settings:
- On the Internet Explorer main menu, select Tools > Internet Options. If you don't have a menu, select the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- In the Internet Options box, select the Advanced tab.
- In the Security category, uncheck Use SSL 3.0 and check Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- Click OK.
You can also get to the Internet Options dialog box by opening the Control Panel, selecting Network and Internet, then selecting Internet Options.
Please contact our webmaster if you have any questions about connecting to the cart.
We are now redirecting all HTTP access to our web site to HTTPS, and using HTTPS for all links to the shopping cart, so you should always be seeing the "locked" icon or similar status indicator for pages on www.yarnbarn.com or www.cart32hosting.com.
- what page you were looking at
- why you think the page is not secure (e.g. "locked" icon not displayed, URL does not start https://, message displayed by browser, etc.)
- the exact text of any message displayed by the browser
- what browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 42, etc.)
- what operating system you use (e.g. Windows 10, Windows 7, Mac OS, etc.)
Some Messages Internet Explorer Users May See
(Depending on Browser Settings)
1. "Security Alert: You are about to view pages over a secure connection. Any information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed by anyone else on the web"
Although the title of this message box is the somewhat alarming "Security Alert", this is in fact a GOOD message telling you we are switching to the secure portion of the site.
2. "Security Alert: You are about to leave a secure Internet connection. It will be possible for others to view information you send. Do you want to continue?"
www.yarnbarn.com. It will only appear if:
This message may appear if you are in the process of checking out, or in the "My Account" area, and click on a link that takes you back to the product pages, store policy pages, etc. on
- your browser settings have "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode" checked (in Internet Options, Advanced tab)
- you have not disabled the message (which you can do any time it is displayed)
If you see this message when you don't think you should, please let us know!