|The back of the house is supposed to have been built around
1790 with the front added about 1890.
The store has been built in stages, the visible part around and after 1900. Inside the "new" building the older building (built also around 1790) is still visible in the upper floor. When the new building was added the ceiling was raised, reducing the 2nd floor ceiling height to just 6 feet.
The road is now much closer to the store.
At one time the Buckingham Masonic Lodge meet in the 2nd floor and was called the Andersonville Lodge No. 242. The meetings were held beginning July 6, 1891 until Sept 7, 1897 when the Lodge was moved to Buckingham C.H..